Helpful NIMS/ICS Links
The NIMS Website is through the Homeland Security Website. Some specific links include:
- The NIMS Resource Center
- IS 100 Training Online
- IS 200 Training Online
- The NIMS Overview Training (IS 700a)
- The National Response Framework Resource Center (IS 800)
- NIMS Related Guides, Annexes and Documents
- ICS Resource Center (Forms, Job Aids, etc.)
- Sample Incident Emergency Plan (For your convenience, I’ve included a sample IEP from one of my course exercises.)
- Good Emergency Management Practice: The Essentials
- A guide to preparing for animal health emergencies (by the FAO)
- FEMA Planning P 2009 form (All Hazard Position Specific Courses)
- HOMEPORT Operational Planning P’s (The United States Coast Guard customized and annotated position specific Planning P’s for their operational staff and you may find these customized forms helpful for doing your position specific planning or as a template for customizing a Planning P for your function.)
To get an idea of non-traditional ICS applications, here’s a bit about the HORT team in Haiti
- The mission for the HORT team formed by World Orphans
- A Sample Daily Incident Action Plan for this mission
Animal Care / Pet Sheltering Sites
- APHIS Emergency Response Animal Welfare page
- FEMA’s Animal Resource Typing Doc
- American Red Cross Pet Disaster Preparedness
- Humane Society Disaster Preparedness page
Useful Emergency Response/Planning Links
- FEMA’s National Response Framework Resource Center provides a good general reference entry point.
- FEMA’s Acronyms, Abbreviations and Terms site provides a good terms quick reference.
- The National Wildfire Coordinating Group site is a good resource. Click on the Resources link for free software to manage incidents and the Publications link for ICS Forms, training and to request a catalog or order large items such as wall -sized ICS Planning Matric Forms (ICS-215).
- The Incident Management Team Center site is a great resource that includes Lessons Learned and sites of other Incident Management teams.
- Published in October, 2010, the FEMA/DHS Emergency Responder Field Operations Guide is designed to assist emergency response personnel in the use of NIMS/ICS.
- The APHIS Emergency Response site is organized by topic and is also a good general reference for agricultural emergency response topics.
- The Lessons Learned Information Sharing network requires registration and is open only to Emergency response providers and homeland security officials but offers a valuable resource.